How to Play Online Blackjack
Here at best slots sites, we not only review the best online slots websites we also cover other Casino popular casino games.
Blackjack is one of the most widely played casino banking games in the world. While playing Blackjack online one or more players compete with the dealer. The players do not play against each other rather they play against the dealer.
In this guide, we will cover the best websites to play Online Blackjack along with some tips, strategies, and explanations about this very popular game.
Best Blackjack Casinos for Players from the UK
Our research has shown that these are the best website to play Blackjack online.
Spinz Casino – Spinz Casino provides a variety of offers not just while signing up but basically all the time. This casino is one of the best live casinos on the web. There are numerous deposit methods and withdrawal times are usually extremely fast.
Jungle Spins – gives the players various offers and bonuses. We have actually made over £1500 playing their love casino games. Players playing Blackjack online can pay using debit/credit card, NETeller, Skrill etc. Payouts can take up to 3 days to process withdrawals but E-wallets take up to 72 hours.
Lucky Win Slots – offers a very attractive welcome bonus where they will match the players first deposit to give them 100% extra free to play their favourite Slot Machines and will keep rewarding the player playing games like Blackjack with different offers throughout the month. Their payment method is also very flexible as the payment can be done using credit/debit card, pay by phone bill, Neteller, Paysafe Card, Ukash or Skrill.
Lucky Win Slots provides the highest level of customer service as they serve them 24/7 and they can be reached via email, online chat. The live Black Jack tables on the website are among the beautiful we have seen.
Spinson – offers great bonuses of 100% on the first deposit. Friendly dealers at the live tables and very fast withdrawal times.
Best Online Blackjack Bonus
Bonuses are free offers that a casino gives out to make sure that their customers stay loyal to their website.
Casino bonuses always come with some terms and conditions which vary as there are lots of different casino gambling websites available.
We want to put forward the best 3 casinos with the best bonuses for playing the best UK Blackjack.
- Spinz Casino – Along with the new player’s bonus, Spinz Casino also offers monthly promotions offering £200 cashback that enables the players to play more.
- Winston Bet – Once players sign up in this casino they get a £10 bet after they deposit a minimum of £10 and then meet the qualifying odds of ½. Newly registered players should wager the bonus fund 10X before requesting a cash-out. This offer can only be converted to £20, and it is valid for seven days.
- Captain Wins – Initially, Captain Wins offers a welcome bonus of 100% up to £1200.
How to Play Blackjack Online Games For Free
Blackjack can be played by testing different strategies using the free demo mode. Playing free Blackjack using the demo mode not just helps the beginners to learn but also helps experts to learn better and lets them have a wider experience in playing Blackjack online.
There is no need to go through the hassle of downloading the Blackjack games, players can just click the box in demo mode and start playing instantly.
The Most Common Blackjack Strategy
There are multiple strategies and ways to play online Blackjack and not all the strategies are suitable for all types of players. However, consistent practice usually makes a player better.
If the right strategies are being implemented skilfully, Blackjack unlike online slot games can be a game of skill and not only luck.
1) Doubling down on a hard 11.
There is always a chance of winning more money if, against any dealer’s upcard, a hard 11 is doubled down. In a multi-deck game, the rules are specified that the dealer must stand on soft 17 then it is better for the player to slightly hit against the dealer Ace rather than doubling down.
2) Better to hit a hard 12 again the upcard of 2 or 3 of the dealer.
This is not a very comfortable situation for the players and they decide to stand on their 12. If the player decides to hit or stand against the dealer’s upcard of 2 or 3, the player might lose money in the long run but less money is lost if the player decides to hit rather than standing.
3) Not splitting tens or pair of 5s.
It is always better to play hard 10 than splitting a pair of 5s and playing each hand. Although splitting 10s is much more often than not a winning play, keeping them together as 20 is an even greater winning play in all circumstances.
4) Splitting Aces and two cards (a pair of 8s).
No matter what the dealer’s upcard is Aces and a pair of 8s can always be split. However, some players especially the beginners might not want to split pair of 8s is because they think that the dealer’s upcard might be a 9, 10 or Ace. Players think that in this situation they are an underdog therefore splitting the 8s would mean betting more money. In this case, they should understand the fact they are being less of an underdog by playing with two hands, each starting with an 8 as it was split. It is better than one hand of 16 and hitting. Splitting Aces helps the players to have a significant gain in the game.
5) If the dealer has an upcard of 9 or less then it is better for the player to double down 10.
Doubling down in this situation is the most suitable thing to do.
6) When the dealer must hit soft-17:
In this case, it is better to double the hard 11 against dealer’s ace, soft 19 (A-8) against dealer’s 6, and A-7 against dealer’s 2.
7) It is not a very good idea to make the insurance bet.
The insurance bet is not good at all. This is because the payoff for the insurance bet (2 to 1) is less than the odds that the dealer will have a blackjack.
8) Hitting Ace-7 (Soft-18) when the dealer has an upcard of 9,10 or Ace.
The player is an underdog when he/she holds an A-7 card against the dealer’s 9,10 or Ace, it does not matter if the player decides to stand or hit. However, there is a better chance for the player to win Blackjack if he decides to hit the A-7, because if the player decides to draw a small card like Ace 2 or 3 then he will end up with a pat hand that’s higher than 18.
9) When the dealer’s upcard is 5 or 6, double down A-2 through A-7.
The winning chances of a player are improved when A-2 through A-7 (i.e., soft 13 through 18) is doubled against the dealer’s upcard.
10) Doubling down on 8 against dealer’s 5 or 6 upcards in a single deck game.
In a single deck game, the odds of blackjack shift to make doubling down the superior strategy over hitting.
Basic BJ Strategy
Having a good money management system is very important for a blackjack player.
It does not matter if the players are applying the correct strategies or not, if they are experts at bankroll management, they have a high chance of making money. One more thing that is very important is for the player to know while playing Blackjack online when to bet and how much and also how to select the right game. There are a few options that a player has once the dealer hands out the first card while playing Blackjack online.
The options are:
1. Hit or Stand
2. Double Down
3. Split Pairs
A short overview of the basic strategy is provided here stating which option to choose by the player:
-Insurance: this is not very important so the players can ignore it.
The player needs to understand when to hit or stand. The game aims to get as close to 21 as possible without going over.
1. Usually, if the player has a total of 8 then it can be hit against the dealer’s upcard, no matter what the upcard is. There are high chances of making a good hand when there so many 9 and 10 value cards in the deck.
2. If the dealer has a probability of making a 21 or a good hand by showing high cards then the player should also hit with high cards. At the end of the day, the main is to beat the dealer’s total score.
1. When there is a total of 17,19 or 20 then the player must decide to stand on all of them. The players do not want to bust by taking one more extra card which lets them gain nothing. It’s also important to know the difference between soft and hard hands.
“Soft” hands contain an ace (which counts as 1 or 11), while “hard” hands are made up of other cards.
1. Knowing when to double is necessary as the player must keep the balance right playing the Blackjack online game and taking a risk. The players must double down when they have cards of a total of 11. This gets the player a chance to score close to 21.
When the players have the card of soft 16,17 and 18. Here the player has both cards and an Ace and this should be doubled when the dealer has a lower upcard.
Players can consider doubling down when they have a hard 9 or 10. This is applicable when the dealer has a lower upcard which provides the player reasons to score as the high cards have been doubled.
While playing online best UK Blackjack a player can split any pair of cards. However, it is not a very wise idea to split them every time. Players should split when:
1. Players get aces: It is not very common for a player to get aces while playing Blackjack games. It is always an easier way to achieve the highest which is to hit 21 when the player has an Ace. Always re-split Aces.
2. Players getting 8s: It’s better to play the two eights separately and aim for two hands worth 18 each. Like aces, it is always better to re-split the eights.
3. Players should not split 9 or 10s: 9&9 (18) is already a strong hand and it is enough to beat the dealer while playing the Blackjack online game. The same thing is with 10s. 20 is a great hand, to begin with, and if the players decide to split them then they might not be receiving some great benefits in the game. High pair of cards can be split if the dealer has no good upcard.
1. The surrender strategy depends on whether the dealer decides to stand or hit soft 17. When the dealer stands on all 17’s, players should consider surrendering when there is a 16 against a 9, 10 or Ace. A pair of 8’s is an exception. Those should never surrender and should still be split against any dealer door card. A 15 hand should be surrendered versus a dealer’s 10-value
2. Although, there are certain changes of rules when the dealer hits a soft 17. The surrenders in the stay on 17 games also apply to the hit 17 games. Against an ace, players will also have to consider surrendering 15 and 17. A pair of 8’s is still split against every hand except for when the dealer has an ace. In that case, it should be surrendered. Tables with “surrender available” signs are games that pay 6-5 on a blackjack, which adds 1.39% to the house edge.
Win little by little
The best way to start playing Blackjack online is to get familiar with the strategies first. The only goal is not to win always but also to make sure that the players have more wins and fewer losses. Knowing when to bet and how much to bet using the best gambling strategies in one of the keys to having long-term fun at playing online Blackjack.
Players should try to look up games that come up with liberal rules. A single- or double-deck game has better odds for a player than a six- or eight-deck game. Blackjack is not a game based on guessing, a player must be very well aware of the rules and strategies of this casino game. When a player uses this strategy to play every hand, the basic playing strategy (optimal blackjack strategy) allows a player to minimize the house edge to less than 1%.
Players should consider avoiding the insurance wager. Blackjack is not a team game so do not just listen to your fellow players. Use your mind and plans to play online Blackjack and be responsible for your win or lose.
Players are suggested to try to avoid progressive strategies. Players playing Blackjack online games should only bet more when in the unplayed deck of cards there are more high-valued cards vs low-valued cards. For casual players, several simple, entry-level, card-counting systems are recommended.
Not playing in a table that does use a continuous shuffler is also suggested to both new and existing players. The player’s bankroll to the house edge is exposed when devices like Continuous Shuffling Machines (CSMs) are used in the casino that shuffles the card after each round in the Blackjack game. This also results in more hands dealt per hour.
It’s better to play on traditional tables that shuffle the cards after 50% or 75% of the game has been played or where the cards are shuffled manually. playing on crowded tables reduces the number of hands the player plays per hour in these casino games. Moreover, this decreases the exposure of the player’s bankroll to the house edge, making the play more safe and secure.
The Martingale Strategy
The Martingale Strategy is not for all type of Blackjack players. This strategy is best for those players who are experts and big spenders. People who are still new to this game and are still looking for ways to win and practising basic strategies should not consider using this strategy yet. This strategy can help you to win a lot of money but at the same time you might also end up losing some of the money.
Martingale system needs the players to double their previous stake for every losing bet they make. This order of doubling the losing bet continues until the player can win a hand. After winning a hand by the player, the mathematics of the system dictates that the players will show a profit of one unit. In simpler terms, a single unit is defined as the size of the players starting stake.
The Best Blackjack Variations
Various types of Blackjack can be played in the casino. Some of the very popular ones are:
- American Blackjack: American Blackjack also known as classic Blackjack is the most famous and widely played form of this casino game. Here the dealer stands on soft 17. Players can split into up to 4 total hands. Aces may only be split one time. American Blackjack can be played for real money and is one of the most popular types of Blackjack online. It comes in all shapes and sizes for all manner of players.
- : In European Blackjack, the players make their decision about how to play the cards dealt with the first and only then the dealer receive their hole card. The players are given a limit of doubling down their cards in European Blackjack. The splitting options in European Blackjack is also narrowed down. Players can split just once in the game, while they are only allowed to split 10-value cards of the same face.
- Vegas Strip Blackjack: Vegas Strip Blackjack and American Blackjack are almost identical. Although, a slight difference might be in ‘American’ games the dealer might peek if their up-card is a 10, face or ace card. Whereas, in Strip Blackjack, the dealer only peeks on an ace. In this form of the game of Blackjack, the dealer usually uses four decks of cards for the game. Also, the dealer stands on soft 17. Players can split the aces only once but it is also acceptable if the players want to split 10-value cards, does not matter even if the cards are different.
- Blackjack Switch: Blackjack Switch is non-identical to other varieties of Blackjack. This is mainly because in this form of the game the players get to play two hands separately. Moreover, as the name of the form says, the players can have the option to switch or swap the second cards dealt with each hand between their two hands. Here, the players get to decide whether to hit, stand, double or split on both hands. Not only that, but Players also decide whether to switch the second cards dealt with their hands or not. Once, the dealer plays his hand, the bets are settled. Another difference between most other blackjack games and Blackjack Switch is that, if the dealer’s hand equals 22, it is resolved as a ‘push’ rather than a ‘bust’ against live player hands.
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs: In Blackjack Perfect Pairs, the players have the chance of winning a side bet if they receive face cards or if the player’s first two cards end up having the same value when the players are offered the Perfect Pairs side bet before cards are dealt with in this form of the game. Blackjack can be crowned as the king of the card table. Players might consider playing with different varieties of Blackjack to have a wider range of experience in casino gambling games. Different casinos have different policies. one casino may use four decks while another may use eight.
Few of these different rules and regulations might affect how or what the players can in a certain situation. Some of the casinos might not allow the customers to play Blackjack using a single deck. This is because single-deck games make the card count easy and the house edge tends to below as well. House edge increases with the number of card decks used. Although, the way the game is played is not changed.
Blackjack is free and the demo modes are available for players to practice the game. The players can try playing various forms of the game and then decide which one suits their gaming skill the best.
Blackjack is a very popular card game in the casino world. In this game, the players play against the house, normally known as the dealer which happens to be a “permanent bank”. The dealer runs the game and carries out all the aspects of the Blackjack online game starting from shuffling and dealing the cards to handle all the bets.
Blackjack online can be played using a single or multiple decks of card. Up to 8 decks of cards can be used in this game. Six deck game is the most popular. The goal of the game is to beat the dealer by getting a count as close to 21 as possible, without going over 21. Each player places a bet using chips by putting them in designated areas that are in front of them before the deal begins.
On the betting, minimum and maximum limits are established. The general limit of the game is from $2 to $500. To get started with the game, all the cards in the deck must be shuffled thoroughly so that they are perfectly mixed and combined. And then the game begins!
The player wins when the dealer exceeds 21 (“busts”) and the player does not. The player also wins when the player attains a final sum higher than the dealer and does not bust.
The dealer wins when the player reaches 21 in their hand but the dealer reveals a blackjack.
Neither the player nor the dealer wins when both dealer and player receive a blackjack or any other hands with the same sum called a “push”.
Blackjack is a gambling card game where players, to win the game, must obtain a face value that is equal to 21 and not more than that.
There are mainly two types of hand in the Blackjack online game. They are known as soft hands and hard hands.
While playing blackjack, the players have a soft hand whenever they have an ace in their hand that can be counted as eleven. If they have a soft hand, this means that they cannot go bust by hitting because the player can always change the value of the ace at any time. For instance, Ace 7 is considered as soft 18.
Hard hands are the hands that don’t contain an ace or which have an ace that must be counted as one as otherwise, their total would exceed twenty-one. They are kind of risky and reduces the chances of winning. One example might be a hard 10, and it is suggested not to split this hard 10 in the game. While dealing with hard hands, Blackjack strategies must be used to decide when the player should split or double.
According to research, the likelihood of winning this gambling game, Blackjack, is around 42.22%. The chances of the game being a tie is 8.48%. The probability of losing the game is around 49.10%.
However, if you do not want to take into account, the chances of the game being a tie then the chances for you to win the game is around 46.46%.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Varieties of Blackjack Can I Play Online?
Various types of Blackjack that you can play online are- European Blackjack, Pontoon, Match Play 21, Face up 21, Perfect pairs blackjack, Multi-hand blackjack, Spanish 21, etc.
Can you make money playing Black Jack on a mobile device?
Yes. Players can make real money by playing Blackjack using their mobile devices. Blackjack is playable on any latest model Android or IOS smartphone or tablet or computer.
Can I Play Blackjack For Free?
Yes. Players can play Blackjack online with a live dealer. Here the cards are dealt by a real human being.
Is it possible to count cards online?
The cards can be counted online. However, some casinos shuffle the cards after every round in the game which makes it a little tricky for the player to count the cards.